Genetics & Genetic Engineering
Genetic engineering is the act of modifying the genetic makeup of an organism. Modifications can be generated by methods such as gene targeting, nuclear transplantation, transfection of synthetic chromosomes or viral insertion. Genetic engineering has a huge array of applications, like surgery, animal husbandry, medicine, and agriculture. Medicinal field is reaping the benefits of genetic engineering changing the lives of many in the process. Gene therapy has been developed, which could provide a cure for genetic illnesses. As scientists successfully understand genetic engineering, they use it to resolve issues in current research methods and done with the help of genetically modified organisms.
- Track 1-1 Genome and Genetics Research
- Track 2-2 Genetically modified organisms
- Track 3-3 Molecular Genetics
- Track 4-4 Genes and Diseases
- Track 5-5 Applications & Products - Genetics